Our reptile cages are made of 1/2 inch thick black extruded PVC. Compared to the MDF compressed wood cages in this style, our units will not degrade with moisture or separate from wood expansion. This light weight material makes our cages a breeze to move. This unit weighs a total of 25 lbs. and is very solid!
- 2 x Incandescent ceramic light fixture. 100 watt max per socket.External Thermometer and Hydrometer.Polycarbonate sliding doors.Vented sides for airflow.External On/Off Switches for both lights.
- Assembly required – Approx. 30 min with a Phillips head screwdriver. Cages come flat packed.
- When screwed together the material will form a tight seal, but for extra tight seal on walls it is recommended to apply a bead of silicone to all the wall connections. To avoid damage to surfaces, please use a liner between cage and surface. Excess moisture may saturate panels of cage over time.
- Practical and Modern : Our reptile enclosures are made out of animal safe materials. We use ½” extruded rigid PVC, we use this high quality material because of its sleek matte finish, heat retention qualities and not to mention its non porous so it’s easy to clean up and doesn’t promote bacteria growth like other reptile cages may.
- Versatile: Our PVC reptile enclosures can be used for a variety of species depending on their individual needs. All of our PVC reptile cages have been designed to allow either minimal humidity retention or maximum depending on what the keepers goal is, if you are planning on doing a bioactive setup we suggest adding the additional side vents to promote more air flow. Our enclosures are built out of ½” extruded PVC for its superior heat retention qualities, this great quality will result in needing a lower wattage bulb in your reptile enclosure resulting in energy savings and keeping more of your hard earned money in your pocket.
- Product Specification:
Material: ½” rigid expanded PVC
- Lightweight closed-cell foam
- Closed cell surface
- Matte surface finish, both sides. A matte surface is great for reducing unnecessary stress on your reptile because they can not see their reflections.
- Vibration and sound absorbent
- Low thermal conductivity (high insulation value)
- Chemical resistant, non-corroding
- Low water absorption (does not rot)